Swaygo Gear Shields are designed and engineered to add two layers of protection to the Suunto Tandem, KB-14 compasses and PM-5 clinometers. The die-cut, 30mil Lexan cover will help protect the fragile capsules from bumps and bangs. The clear, adhesive capsule circle will help prevent small cracks and contain fluid leaks. And, the Swaygo Sight Lights, glow-in-the-dark instrument illumination, come pre-attached. Protects and illuminates.
Installation instructions available here.
Instructions for using the Sight Lights
- Charge the crescent shaped material that is under the cover and adjacent to the eyepiece with a headlamp or light for a few seconds. The first charge will take longer.
- Take your reading as usual, but with no need for additional light.
- Re-charge the Sight Lights for a couple seconds before each reading.
- Do not press on the capsules. They are thin and fragile.
- Swaygo Gear Shields do not make instruments waterproof or water-resistant.