These are the “original” Russ Anderson/SMC pulleys that are legendary throughout the fire, rescue and work-related professions. The most widely used pulleys of their kind, SMC/RA pulleys are well-known for delivering the highest levels of performance, quality and durability as demanded by rescue and industry professionals alike. These time tested designs are made using the optimal combination of materials with every component perfectly matched for its intended use and application. The lineup of SMC/RA pulleys consists of one pulley with aluminum side plates and nine others with stainless steel side plates. All are known for being rugged yet relatively light weight and delivering reliable performance under even the worst of conditions.
Offered in a choice of either Oilite or sealed Ball Bearings, the SMC/RA series of pulleys include singles and doubles ranging in size and style from a 2” single to a 4” double. Oilite (sintered bronze) bearings are popular for delivering reliable performance at a reduced cost. Sealed ball bearings provide optimal efficiency and reduce the performance robbing resistance that is inherent in most multiple component systems. In addition, sealed ball bearings are not prone to failure under misaligned loads or with twisted gear as can be the case with needle bearings. The axle-nuts are double locked to the steel axle and then marked with a witness line in order to help detect any loosening. The attachment hole is sized to accept large rescue carabiners with sufficient room to allow the carabiner to rotate freely and easily.
- Type: Single
- Axle: Oilite
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 4.6” x 2.5” x 1.4”
- Weight: 8.6 oz (244g)
- Max. Rope: 1/2” (13mm)
- Sheave: 2” aluminum
- 3 Sigma MBS: 29kN (6,519 lbf)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- UL Certified to NFPA1983 “L” Light Use.
- Uses either high efficiency sealed ball bearings or durable Oilite bushings and are designed to work flawlessly under conditions that might shut down a lower quality pulley.
- Sealed ball bearings provide optimal efficiency thus reducing the performance robbing resistance inherent in most multiple component systems and are not prone to failure under misaligned loads or with twisted gear as may occur with needle bearings.
- Matched double-bend side plates help eliminate compression under load.
- Solid side plates help to keep dirt and debris out of the rope track.
- The axle-nuts are double locked to the steel axle and marked with a witness line to help detect any loosening.
- Made in the USA.
Rescue Gear For High Levels Of Performance
Posted by Kerry on 4th Jul 2013
This site offers the best rescue gear for the highest levels of performance. This pulley is absolutely amazing. It's no wonder why this is the most widely used pulley out there. This is unmatched in quality and durability. Reliability is the most important team for a rescue crew, and you certainly get that and so much more with this awesome pulley.