Simple, lightweight descender for caving
Designed for caving, SIMPLE is a descender that is easy to manipulate. It is used with 8.5 to 11 mm diameter low stretch kernmantel ropes. Its reduced bulk and weight simplify progression in narrow passages. The lifespan of the device can be optimized by flipping the pulleys or replacing them.
- Simple to use:
- very easy to use. The rate of descent is controlled by varying the grip on the free end of the rope
- installation diagram engraved on the descender
- safety gate on the openable side plate allows the rope to be installed easily while the device remains connected to the harness, facilitating the passage of intermediate anchors
- elongated connection hole allows the FREINO Z carabiner to be rotated in order to make the descender loss-proof when transferred from gear loop to semi-circular carabiner
- compatible with 8.5 to 11 mm diameter low stretch kernmantel ropes
- Lightweight and compact:
- only 240 g
- composed of two aluminum pulleys, for reduced weight
- clean design limits risk of snagging in narrow passages
- Lifespan of the device can be optimized by flipping the pulleys or replacing them (D004CA00).
- Material(s): aluminum
- Weight: 240 g
- Rope compatibility: 8.5 to 11 mm low stretch kernmantel rope