Ergonomic handled ascender
Handled rope clamp for rope ascents, the ASCENSION features an overmolded grip and ergonomic upper part for a comfortable and powerful grip when pulling with one or two hands. The ASCENSION handled rope clamp has a wide lower hole for easily attaching two carabiners for a lanyard and footloop.
- Designed for ascending a rope
- Simple to use, and effective:
- ergonomic molded handle allows a comfortable yet powerful grip
- wide opening allows the handle to be easily grasped, even with thick gloves.
- ergonomic upper part to maximize power when pulling with two hands
- safety catch is totally integrated into the body of the ascender to help prevent snagging
- toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions (frozen or dirty ropes...)
- wide lower hole allows the carabiners of the CONNECT ADJUST lanyard and FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD footloop to be easily attached
- upper hole for clipping a carabiner around the rope
- Available in left-handed and right-handed versions
- Material(s): aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, rubber, nylon
- Weight: 165 g
- Rope compatibility: 8 to 13 mm
- Certification(s): CE EN 567, UIAA
Great Handled Ascender
Posted by Derek Bristol on 19th Nov 2018
The latest iteration of the Petzl Ascension works as well as ever and 15% lighter than the previous generation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Aedb7GVhg&t=1s
Good aggressive ascender
Posted by Paul Winter on 14th Apr 2015
These Petzl ascenders have a more aggressive tooth pattern than many other brands. The different sized holes for attachment are not quite ideal for certain set ups, but if you’re climbing muddy rope, this is a faithful ascender. I’ve used them reliably on rope from 8-12.5mm.